Find below the budget for health as presented to the Joint Session of the National Assembly in Abuja, Thursday, on November 8, 2007 by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua
….For the Health Sector, we propose an allocation of N138.17 billion for 2008, a 12.57% increase over the 2007 allocation of N120.8 billion. The capital component of this amount is N49.37 billion, out of which funds have been provided for, among others, the following projects:
· Refurbishing and equipping all Federal Tertiary Health Institutions
· National AIDS/STI Control Programme, including the procurement
and distribution of ARVs and test kits
· Rollback Malaria Programme, including the procurement of new
drugs for malaria case management and insecticide treated nets
· National Programme on Immunisation for routine immunisation
· Capacity building and training for 5,000 health workers on
integrated management of childhood illnesses.
Read the full speech here
For more details on the budget, click here for the website of the Ministry of Finance.
Some of the allocations to other sectors are
• N444.6 billion for Security and the Niger Delta, which is 20% of the total Federal Government Budget, up 6.5% from 2007 allocation;
• N210 billion for Education or 13% of the total MDA spending;
• N139.78 billion for the Energy sector, excluding National Integrated Power Projects which will be implemented through alternative funding; and
• N121.1 billion, that is 7% of total budget, for Agriculture and Water Resources.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has…Margaret Mead