Hospitals for Humanity unveils its Fundraising Ambassador- Efe Ejeba (Winner BBN 2017) for its 1K1M fundraising campaign. Launched earlier this year, the 1K1M fundraising campaign is an effort to get one million people donate at least 1,000 Naira (or its currency equivalent) to its Paediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Initiative which brings (over 90%) free open heart surgeries to children born with congenital heart defects in Nigeria.
With a ‘revolving-live- list’ of one thousand children per time, two hundred of who urgently need surgery, Hospitals for Humanity has set a fundraising goal of NGN1 Billion for its Fundraising Campaign to provide open heart surgeries to children in need in Nigeria. Donations will be used to provide open heart surgeries via funding specifics like but not limited to:
- Surgical consumables & supplies
- Lab (Pre, Peri & Post operation)
- X-rays (Pre, Peri & Post op)
- Cardiac cauterization
- Echocardiograms (Pre, Peri & Post Op)
- 10 days of hospitalization in the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) & Step down unit
- 1 year follow up care.
- 1 year medication.